That's what I ended up doing. I realised as a financial institution we
regularly have files sent to us for processing large transactions.

So I reached out to the guy in charge of this area and he was able to sftp
the patches for me using the logon/password FixCentral had emailed to me.
He then moved them from the restricted zone onto an internal server.

Since I don't want him to have to be involved every time, I have gone
through our standard process of having external parties register accounts
with us to send files via SFTP. We normally require logon via
private/public key and of course we also lock down access via IP address.

So our vendor can download the PTF's and send them to us. We can then have
automatic scripts that move the files onto an internal server and if we
want, sftp to our development Power box. We regularly sftp files from the
development Power box to other internal servers, and again with
public/private key authentication to save having to put passwords into
scripts so all the infrastructure is in place.

So looks we have a robust outcome.

On Sat, Aug 21, 2021 at 10:16 PM Jack Kingsley <iseriesflorida@xxxxxxxxx>