Hi Marco,
As per my direct experience, the layouts you design with the Studio vary
from very simple (a classic invoice) to pretty much more complex ones like
contracts with a variable number of pages and content. I usually start from
scratch because each company has its own layout, also different kinds of
reports need different structures. This way I feel free to compose the
layout defining as many sections as needed among: first page only, header,
group header, detail, group footer, footer, last page only (others maybe).

You start with an SQL statement but subqueries may be built feeding on
parameters from the starting query.

Once you declare the first SQL statement, and for any subsequent data set,
the Studio shows the list of available fields that you can use to visually
build the report. Also, the same set of data can be exposed in many ways in
the report (table, detail, chart).

Any item in the page layout can be set its own properties and conditions.

I admit, I spent quite a lot learning the tool on my own, but courses and
tutorials are available and even the CE online documentation is good and
updated.

Il giorno mar 20 lug 2021 alle ore 00:22 Nathan Andelin <nandelin@xxxxxxxxx>