If it is Twinax you want, there is a device called e-Twinax controller made
by BOS
(Better Online Solution)
This device connects via TCP and lets you have 1 or 2 Twinax ports

We have one such supporting a single 6400 printer that is used 2-3 times a
month.

Gad

date: Thu, 27 May 2021 11:32:15 +0000
from: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: Dedicated console

I'm not sure if it was a PC support function or the enhanced 5250
functions required in OV/400 which you may be referring to in the
preference of 5394 over 5294.
I believe another function 5394 had was TCP/IP support. So if you had a
remote cluster of twinax terminals and printers you wanted to put on your
network you could.

Now to send people like James and Patrick off on a quest: Can you hook up
a 5394 to a current system with a current supported OS and get support for
twinax devices that way?

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Suite 104
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
Ship to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Dock 9C
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
http://www.dekko.com