Response from IBM Support:
That's because the MH PTF is lower than the FW level, and OS won't allow the backlevel (Not allowed status - which is normal). I did check with our SME and this is a non-issue Once you apply a more current MH PTF (than MH01708) to upgrade the FW that will change and it will be allowed.

What I think happened here is that the system came with SV860_109 installed and someone loaded the PTF for SV860_063. So the running Firmware level is newer than the OS PTF for the firmware update. Also explains why the status of “Not Allowed”

PTFs have not been touched since the system was installed in 2017.

From: Rob Berendt<mailto:rob@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 6, 2021 9:10 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion<mailto:midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: DSPFMWSTS on OS controlled system

I had to paste the sample that the OP posted in his last reply to notepad to get columnar line up. That helped to understand it.
Nowhere in there does it list any MF* type PTF's. Just MH* and language associated with firmware.

"Server firmware" column is the same for *ACTIVE, *TEMP, *PERM.
"Operating system" column is blank for *ACTIVE, detailed for *TEMP, and *NONE for *PERM. And the value for *TEMP is different, and behind, than the values in "Server firmware".
As far as why they are different I would only be guessing. One of those guesses might be that firmware got updated without IPLing the OS but if you're updating from the operating system is that even possible?

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Suite 104
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
Ship to: 7310 Innovation Blvd, Dock 9C
Ft. Wayne, IN 46818