Brian,

Actually ,this is a perfect scenario for "Group jobs" ... :-)

That's exactly what "group jobs" was invented for, back on S/38 CPF ... ;-)

Each job in a "group job" has its own library list, etc. -- even it's own set of Activation Groups ... because they are real, independent jobs, but the OS manages them as a "group" and allows an interactive user to quickly and easily jump between them.

Contact me "off-list" and I can supply sample code that you can use to "wrapper" any set of programs and carve it up into "group jobs."  ;-)

All the best,

Mark S. Waterbury