Hmm, I've been using NFS optical for quite some time. First time I've ever seen INZOPT.

I have this broken down into two steps:
1 - Using IBM i as the NFS server for ptf apply
2 - Using IBM i as the NFS client for ptf apply.
I even mention that exact message.

I use IBM i as the NFS only between lpars on the same physical box and use special service tools lan adapter but the logic should also work in your case. These steps omit some of the steps in creating the service tools lan adapter.

1 - Using IBM i as the NFS server for ptf apply
Once you get the email and ftp the files down into this '/fixes/cume' directory you'll have to do the following:
CALL PGM(QVOIFIMG) PARM('CUME ' '*ALL ' 0)
LODIMGCLG IMGCLG(CUME) OPTION(*UNLOAD)
VRYCFG CFGOBJ(OPTVRT01) CFGTYPE(*DEV) STATUS(*OFF)
DLTDEVD DEVD(OPTVRT01)
CRTDEVOPT DEVD(OPTVRT01) RSRCNAME(*VRT) ONLINE(*YES)
TEXT('Virtual optical drive for image catalog')
VRYCFG CFGOBJ(OPTVRT01) CFGTYPE(*DEV) STATUS(*ON)
LODIMGCLG IMGCLG(CUME) DEV(OPTVRT01)
VFYIMGCLG IMGCLG(CUME) TYPE(*PTF) SORT(*YES) NFSSHR(*YES)
CHGAUT OBJ('/fixes/') USER(*PUBLIC) DTAAUT(*RX) SUBTREE(*ALL)
INSPTF LICPGM((*ALL)) DEV(OPTVRT01) INSTYP(*DLYALL)
CHGNFSEXP OPTIONS('-i -o ro') DIR('/fixes/cume')
ENDNFSSVR SERVER(*ALL)
STRNFSSVR SERVER(*ALL)

2 - Using IBM i as the NFS client for ptf apply.
After you finish this on the hosting lpar perform the following for each guest hosted by this lpar:
We are using a backplane virtual lan to distribute PTF's from the hosting lpars to their guests.
You'll need to know these IP addresses:
RACK1HSTVLAN 10.17.206.178
RACK2HSTVLAN 10.10.206.181
RACK3HSTVLAN 10.17.206.184
Use the appropriate IP address for the guest you are working on.
This step should be done. If not, there will be more setup work required (see attachment below).
CRTDEVOPT DEVD(OPTNET01)
RSRCNAME(*VRT)
LCLINTNETA(*SRVLAN)
RMTINTNETA('10.17.206.178')
NETIMGDIR('/fixes/cume')
TEXT('PTFs via NFS from partition at 10.17.206.178')
VRYCFG CFGOBJ(OPTNET01) CFGTYPE(*DEV) STATUS(*OFF)
VRYCFG CFGOBJ(OPTNET01) CFGTYPE(*DEV) STATUS(*ON)
WRKCFGSTS CFGTYPE(*DEV) CFGD(OPTNET01)
It should be active. May take a few seconds.
INSPTF LICPGM((*ALL)) DEV(OPTNET01) INSTYP(*DLYALL)
If you receive:
OPT1605 Media or device error occurred. The reason code is 01.
Function check. OPT1605 unmonitored by QPZINSFX at statement *N,
instruction X'067F'.
PTF install processing failed.
This normally fixes it:
VRYCFG CFGOBJ(OPTNET01) CFGTYPE(*DEV) STATUS(*off)
VRYCFG CFGOBJ(OPTNET01) CFGTYPE(*DEV) STATUS(*ON)
WRKCFGSTS CFGTYPE(*DEV) CFGD(OPTNET01) // Should be Active
WRKIMGCLGE IMGCLG(*DEV) DEV(OPTNET01) // Success!
WRKOPTVOL // Success!
INSPTF LICPGM((*ALL)) DEV(OPTNET01) INSTYP(*DLYALL) // Success!
For further details you can review this attachment: (omitted: document ConfiguringNFSUpgrades.docx)