Thanks Chris and Kevin. I made it a little further. My problem was the missing / after the last 109. It now runs successfully, but I end up with an empty file. Here is the command I ran. I did try it using [] around the periods as well, but that didn't make a difference. I also tried adding "g" at the end, but that didn't help either. I'm probably doing something silly. I double checked the name of the file I'm testing with.

STRQSH CMD('sed "s/10\.2\.0\.109/10.202.0.109/" /home/jdeane/httpd_dr.conf > /home/jdeane/httpd_dr.conf')

Here are the first few lines of the configuration file.

# Configuration originally created by Create HTTP Server wizard on Thu Jan 18 15:55:35 EST 2018
Listen 10.2.0.109:8700
DocumentRoot /www/websvc_prd/htdocs
TraceEnable Off
Options -ExecCGI -FollowSymLinks -SymLinksIfOwnerMatch -Includes -IncludesNoExec -Indexes -MultiViews
LogFormat "%h %T %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined
LogFormat "%{Cookie}n \"%r\" %t" cookie
LogFormat "%{User-agent}i" agent
LogFormat "%{Referer}i -> %U" referer
CustomLog logs/access_log combined
LogMaint logs/access_log 14 0
LogMaint logs/error_log 14 0

As you can see, the second line contains the ip address I want to update. Not sure why it is wiping out the entire file.

Dean Eshleman