I assume the disk is provided by the VIOS, if that is the case you have to
check the VIOS's filesystems / file based disks / mappings to check what is
dead.
lsmap -all will tell you what is mapped to what and from there we can work
out what is going on. It is weird you say that there are different disks
mirrored and for only one disk to kill everything. I think that it might
not be the case and maybe VIOS was providing disk based disks. lsmap will
tell us.