Charles,

Well that makes a lot more sense :)  I think I lost the "log" part somewhere between reading your email and looking up the service...

When I tried your commands, I got the same results.  I'm on a v7r3 box with WRKPTFGRP showing
PTF Group             Level  Status
SF99876                  10  Not installed
SF99876                   4  Installed
SF99875                  18  Installed
SF99875                  13  Installed
SF99867                   3  Not installed

The documentation at https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/1128417 says

*Enhanced with IBM i 7.3 SF99703 Level 18:*

* Add the MESSAGE_KEY column
(note: this column already existed in IBM i 7.4)

My results were:

QSH CMD('db2 "select * from table (qsys2.joblog_info(''*''))" > /home/pdow/loglog.txt')
Command ended normally with exit status 1.
File contains
 ************Beginning of data**************

ORDINAL_POSITION  MESSAGE_ID  MESSAGE_TYPE  MESSAGE_SU

----------------- ----------- ------------- ----------

  0 RECORD(S) SELECTED.

 ************End of Data********************

select * from table (qsys2.joblog_info('*'))
Showed data.

qsh cmd('db2 "select * from sysibm.sysdummy1" > /home/pdow/test.txt')
Command ended normally with exit status 0.
File contains
 ************Beginning of data**************

IBMREQD
--------

  1 RECORD(S) SELECTED.

Maybe there are more than just enhancements in that level 18 PTF.

--
*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.