I'm surprised you have to do anything at all with the DLL - should be able just replace the JAR file - is this something new?

Cheers
Vern

On 8/18/2020 9:07 AM, Bob Cagle wrote:
For the record, just not having any active sessions allowed me to finally copy that file over to the shared network location.  Not sure why being signed on locks that file.  I would think just having the program active sitting on the signon screen would also lock the files.

And I know there's more to ACS than 5250.  I also use Run SQL Scripts, IFS, and Printer Output quite often.  But my users only know 5250.

Thanks
Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Rob Berendt
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2020 11:35 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: ACS Update - can't copy acsnative.dll - file is open in another program

<snip>
So all it takes is ending the sessions?
</snip>
Assuming that all you are using ACS for is 5250 emulation and you start them directly from sessions and not from the main ACS menu, then maybe.  But there's more to ACS than that.

IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1 Group Dekko Dept 1600 Mail to:  7310 Innovation Blvd, Suite 104
           Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
Ship to:  7310 Innovation Blvd, Dock 9C
           Ft. Wayne, IN 46818
http://www.dekko.com