So, would it work with very large OS or work better on a skinnier OS.

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 11:46 PM Roberto José Etcheverry Romero <
yggdrasil.raiker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes,
PowerVC is based on OpenStack (it's basically OpenStack without the vanilla
dashboard and tuned for IBM POWER systems).
The nice thing is that it bring a lot of cloud features to the table, like
the ability to take an image of a VM and be able to deploy it at will,
without having to manually modify anything at creation time.
A little bit like the Lab Services toolkit for PowerHA that allows you to
use flashcopy to clone, startup backup and delete an IBM i LPAR but without
having to license PowerHA or have iASPs (you can actually take a template
of a running LPAR, of course it won't be the cleanest image, but it works).
It also leverages a lot of the PowerVM features like Live Partition
Mobility, offline LPM (when the source host is dead but you can still move
the LPAR), automatic restart on another host if the host dies, etc etc etc.
I like it a lot and for some of my biggest AIX customers, it's a perfect
fit. I'm trying to make it work with IBM i just to be able to have every
flavour of OS correctly represented...

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 8:26 PM Jack Kingsley <iseriesflorida@xxxxxxxxx>