Hi Richard, some of them use tablets or handphones and it's working, I
don't see (and don't want) any other way for them to use the ERP.

But for people using PC (the real users of the ERP) speed and generally
talking performance it's a must. For this type of usage the data exchange
is HIGH, constant and sustained. Extended grids, high populated forms,
tooltips, popovers and a bunch of open pages. That's why we planned to take
the advantage of executing the client part of the application on the same
machine (using a virtual LAN).

As I said before, the performances using the ERP in "local" mode via
Windows Server RDP is very satisfying instead , using it on a Linux
virtualized desktop, is ... problematic, just say embarrassingly slow.
Especially while loading pages.

Another reason is that we have a lot of idle cores on our Power machine.
Besides that there is also the problem that since the browser cannot
access the PC resources we have to communicate with the Pc using websockets
and thus installing something on the client. And this part suits Dockers
basic management.

TIA
--
Marco Facchinetti

Mr S.r.l.

Tel. 035 962885
Cel. 393 9620498

Skype: facchinettimarco

Il giorno lun 6 apr 2020 alle ore 13:44 Richard Schoen <