One HMC can manage several Power Servers. I think it goes into the 3 or 4 figures.
One Power Server can be hooked up to a maximum of two HMC's. This number has nothing to do with the physical HMC ports on the back of the Power Server.
I have three Power Servers. Two in one location, one in another. Each of the two locations has their own HMC. Each HMC has access to all three servers. I tend to only start the 5250 shared sessions on an HMC local to the Power server.
I found about the maximum HMC's per Power Server recently when migrating from physical HMC's to virtual HMC's. I had two physical and two virtuals. I planned on keeping the physicals around out of FUD but have since powered them both off and since moved the IP address to the virtual HMC's. Our BP uses the HMC to do a little Managed Services on AIX and Spectrum Protect. The BP uses their own VPN setup and it was more work to get our network consultant and their network guy to cooperate than it was to change the IP addresses. Our network consultant is in fear for his job so he makes every communication with the other to sound like a major hassle.
Anyway, I could not have four HMC's talking to each of the Power Servers. Recently there's a thread on this.