HUGE Change to the thinking here. HUGE.

Why?

Because now you are backing up guests and that requires one of:

A) Separate I/O card for each guest. (Fiber or SAS)
B) Switching the I/O card between partitions as they are backed up.
C) Using tape drives ONLY rather than Libraries for your backups as you can share drives through the host but not libraries.

With VIOS you could use Fiber and share a library between all partitions. Without VIOS AND Fiber your choices are above.

But these are very small partitions so you will never outrun a SAS connection to the VTL.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com