some interesting points which are heavily discussed in the US;
here in Europe almost noone is interested in real disaster
recovery as there are not much disasters like hurricane or other
severe weather conditions; not to talk about nuclear issues.

Our DC is located below ground in a shelter with 3-6m walls.
Nice to see for the customers but not of real interest for
them regarding security, as "nothing will happen".

You can imagine we have best arguments *after* they had a little
fire or flood destroying data or hardware ;-)

I like the (real) good point about what to recover: your company or your kid?
Usually noone has this on target when writing the recovery plan...

-h