Joe:

Rob's note gave me another idea:

You could also accomplish much the same thing by moving all of your user data libraries into IASPs.

Then, issue SETASPGRP to change to a different ASP group, and restore the objects into libraries with the same names, and then rename those libraries after the restore, then save them again, to allow restoring those new library names in the original "disk pool" (aka. ASP group). (It is a fair amount of work to set up that infrastructure, but not quite as much as a full-blown LPAR.)

You might also want to consider "omitting" those join LFs on the SAVLIB or SAVOBJ command, so they will simply not be involved in the RSTLIB or RSTOBJ process at all? (See the OMITOBJ parameter on SAVLIB and SAVOBJ ...)   Then, just recreate them from source (DDS or DDL) after that?

All the best,

Mark S. Waterbury