Looking to deploy new Power servers across two data centers to support
application that is low volume but mission critical and high financial
I am using the following design guidelines.
1. Both servers use SAN no disks. Total 5TB max
2. Data is encrypted at rest
3. Data is replicated in real time across the two sites
4. Backup to VTL
5. Off-site backups to LTO tape
So the kit would be
1. Two Power 9 servers 16GB FC
3. IBM Storwize V5000 using its encryption and mirroring software
5. DSI IDSI520-D04 VTL
This is for an Enterprise that already has mainframes and DS8K SANs with
SKLM supporting encryption so it's not over cooking it
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.