I did answer in another thread. The point of LTO tapes was to take offsite
backups in a another city. So while I realise that replicate between two
VTL's does mean there is an offsite copy, for our archiving purposes it's
not enough.

Interesting point about Mimix. If I plan to do SAN to SAN mirroring (using
say an IBM V5020) then why do I need software to mirror also? We did get a
quote for Mimix and it exceed the cost the SAN's! I have never heard of
Quick-EDD but will check it out.

For encryption I was thinking of using SKLM which we use to encrypt the
data on our DS8886's. Those servers are not accessible externally so are
well protected from ransomware (I hope!)