Ron,

This is a back way to get >some< of this information
DSPOBJD *ALL/*ALL to an outfile. While I normally prefer the new services you may have to do this until they add some more of these columns.
In that output file look for the column ODPTFN. There's another column related to ptf number but it's seems to be missing the leading characters. For example ODPTFN may display SI69858 while the other column will only show 69858.
There's a few problems with this technique like:
- Won't display stream files and their directories like your API would.
- If PTF SI69858 is superceeded by another PTF the PTF number in the object will no longer say SI69858.

Prior to opening a new ticket with IBM I often look at the joblog for the message. Then I find the from/to programs on the error message. Then I will do the DSPOBJD DETAIL(*SERVICE) and see if there is a PTF associated with either program. Then I will search to see if there is a superceeding PTF at IBM for this ptf.