From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Gibbs via MIDRANGE-L
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2019 9:42 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Cc: David Gibbs
Subject: Re: ECS auto phone-home?

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 8:34 AM Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm curious on this as I have also known WRKPRB's to not call home.
I wonder if the system senses it has a HMC and assumes the HMC is handling all that?

Earlier this year our cache batteries went kaput (pardon the high
level technical jargon)... but our system didn't phone home when they
were nearing scheduled replacement.

On the other hand, when we had a runaway task that chewed up all our
disk space, the system did phone home and I got a call from IBM
indicating we had a out of disk situation. I was able to get into the
HMC, bring the system up in restricted state, and delete a single IFS
file to get the system back under control.

david