The new/latest ACS (Access Client Solutions) has an output option directly to EXCEL.

1) Open a blank EXCEL worksheet.
5) Output device - change to Active Excel Spreadsheet

OMG, this is annoying to use if you already have Excel open to work
with other stuff. I could not for the life of me figure out how to let
ACS know which sheet (or which workbook for that matter) was the
"active" one. It seems to just guess. If you try this, be prepared for
the data to go somewhere that you perhaps didn't want it to go. My
recommendation is to just use the tried-and-true approach of
outputting to a brand-new file (that doesn't exist yet and is not
already open in Excel).

Also has the vica-versa option.

1) Open your EXCEL
2) Input device - change to Active Excel Spreadsheet

I was too frustrated by the download process to even try an upload in
ACS. To upload a file from your PC, the old Client Access and
successors required you to have a separate file (also on your PC) that
served to describe the destination file. It looks like ACS works the
same. The description file is annoying to produce. I eventually wound
up writing a script that tries to *download* the destination file to
generate the description file (and if there was any data downloaded,
save it to a backup file) before proceeding to upload.

So yeah, ACS is a good option in that it's free, and downloads are
quite easy. Uploads are actually not *that* bad, but they are on the
annoying side.

If your needs are a little more complex (like you want formatting, or
you want to send an Excel workbook as an e-mail attachment), I
recommend using Python.

John Y.