From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of wscott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 10:30 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: overlay creation issue

Try opening the PC based version on any of the free AFP viewers. You might have to open a prior one to check functionality. Some may want file extension of .OVL or .AFP. But if both the new and an old one view, you can look at the i series object.

You can also dump the object and see if it starts with,

LINES 000060
000100 5A0010D3 A8DF

The hex 10 is a length . It might vary. And it could start with a NoOp which would replace the D3A8DF with D3EEEE.

You can also do a hex dump on the PC object. It should have the same 5AxxyyD3A8DF start. If you are missing the 5A or the D3, I doubt you are looking at an AFP overlay.

William Scott
Advisor, Solutions Engineering
Canon Solutions America, Inc.
5600 Broken Sound Blvd., Boca Raton, FL 33487 www.csa.canon.com wscott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx T 561.997.3256