Did you change all your NWSD's to only have one with ALWDEVRSC(*ALLOPT *ALLTAPE) RSTDDEVRSC(*NONE)
And the rest have ALWDEVRSC(*UNRSTD) RSTDDEVRSC(*ALLOPT *ALLTAPE)
?

As soon as I run the following on the host:
LODIMGCLG IMGCLG(V7R3CUME) DEV(V7R3CUME)
WRKOPTVOL
I immediately see the same thing I saw in WRKOPTVOL on the host appearing on the guest. It just may be on a different device name. In this case, OPT17.

On the guest:
WRKHDWRSC *STG
Resource Type-model Status
CMB11 290A-001 Operational
DC05 290A-001 Operational
I use 9=Work with resource on DC05 and I see
Resource Type-model Status
DC05 290A-001 Operational
OPT19 632C-002 Operational
OPT18 632C-002 Operational
OPT17 632C-002 Operational
OPT11 632C-002 Not detected

An option 7 used on OPT17 shows
Location : U8286.41A.<redacted S/N>-V5-C350-T1-L8220000000000000
I can easily tie C350 to the virtual device I configured using my HMC.

I should go into SST and blast all those "Not detected".