OP is (or seems to want to) use GMail. That's SSL or TLS. Not port 25.

There are some mail services that still allow you to use port 25 without
SSL or TLS, but most do require authentication (ie, User and PW).

That Telnet example is a good example of how emails used to be sent with an
Exchange server with no authentication or encryption and doesn't apply to
most shops today. Or it shouldn't.

Bradley V. Stone
www.bvstools.com
MAILTOOL Benefit #17 <https://www.bvstools.com/mailtool.html>: Compatible
with Google/Gmail/G Suite, Outlook.com, Microsoft Office 365 as well as
most other SMTP servers and relays. No tricks, gimmicks or relays needed.
MAILTOOL is set up just like a PC or mobile device with the appropriate
outgoing mail router information and well as the proper authentication.