Hi everyone
Before I forget - we are on V7r3
If you are sitting comfortably - then I will begin

I am writing a "simple" proof of concept program, for testing IWS (Integrated Web Services)
I have created a new service program, with a procedure in it
It has
Ctl-opt PgmInfo(*PCML:*MODULE)
To create the Program Call Markup Language

I have tested the procedure within a program and it works withy no problems

I followed the following web pages

Creating Web Services With Integrated Web Services
http://ibmsystemsmag.com/ibmi/developer/general/using_iws/

Providing RPG Web Services on IBM i
https://scottklement.com/presentations/Providing%20RPG%20Web%20Services%20on%20IBM%20i.pdf

by Jon Paris and Scott Klement (BOTH HIGHLY recommended)

and I have also used the following web site as well
ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/systems/support/i/iws/systems_i_software_iws_pdf_WebServicesServer_new.pdf

Following the wizard, I created the web service (creating REST output) and can start and stop the server from a browser and can see the server in the QHTTPSVR subsystem

However, when I run the following
http://NBTYS20:10108/web/services/GETCUSTINF/02/882955

in SOAP UI, I get no response
The same is also true in Internet explorer
However, in Chrome, I do receive the following
HTTP ERROR 415

Googling this does not give me much to use

Now - 10108 is the port that was given to this process as part of the wizard
So I did google
AS400 ports
And found the following web page
https://search400.techtarget.com/tip/How-to-use-NETSTAT-to-troubleshoot-your-iSeries-network-connections

from here I tried the command
NETSTAT *CNN
Which displayed the "Work with IPv4 Connection Status" screen
I then pressed F15, which displayed the "Subset Connection List" screen, where I can enter the port number (10108) in the
Local port range:
Lower value .
Pressing Enter (twice), displays Subset of IPv4 Connections showing that port 10108 is in Listen State
Remote Remote Local
Opt Address Port Port Idle Time State
* * 10108 000:00:01 Listen

When I resubmit
http://NBTYS20:10108/web/services/GETCUSTINF/02/882955
from Chrome, and press F5 (Refresh) on the Subset of IPv4 Connections screen, I get the following displayed
Remote Remote Local
Opt Address Port Port Idle Time State
* * 10108 000:00:01 Listen
172.31.61.13 57077 10108 000:00:01 Time-wait
172.31.61.13 57078 10108 000:00:01 Established
172.31.61.13 57079 10108 000:00:01 Established

This is where I am now - but I don't know where to go to from here

Alan Shore
E-mail : ASHORE@xxxxxxxx
Phone [O] : (631) 200-5019
Phone [C] : (631) 880-8640
'If you're going through hell, keep going.'
Winston Churchill