Which I think you may have looked at, it seems pretty simple, even if your system is in a restricted state, you start only QBATCH, and submit the restores to batch. It basically does what you did, but in batch, you don't have to pick each entry, you type in *VOLSET and your volume number in the upper right, press F16, it selects only the stuff from that volume, then press F14 to submit to batch. Do this once for each volume and you have all restores running at the same time.

So, this is working as currently designed, however, there is a lot of room for improvement, I would suggest submitting a Request For Enhancement (RFE). Here is our doc on that process:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1015918

<To confirm the restore was complete, I always use the *PRINT on the restores, then search for "not restored" in the spool file. Clearly a DSPOBJD *all/*all into a file on both systems the use SQL to compare libraries is an option too.

Does anyone use "Out options for recoveries”?

Output options for recoveries:

Output . . . . . . . . . . . . . . *NONE *NONE, *OUTFILE

File to receive output . . . . . . Name

Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . *LIBL Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB

Output member options:

Member to receive output. . . . . *FIRST Name, *FIRST

Replace or add records. . . . . . *REPLACE *REPLACE, *ADD

Output options for directory object recoveries:

Output . . . . . . . . . . . . . . *NONE

#9 New issue.

I just found a major problem with my BRMS test recovery.

My recovery is basically the combination of two saves.

Full system save from 11/26/18.

Full nightly SWA save from 12/15/18.

The problem actually lies with my nightly save, which is SWA.

Data Areas are NOT included with SWA.

Any Data Area that was in use during the nightly save did not get saved, thus was missing from the recovery.

The Data Areas did get saved on the dedicated system save, but BRMS is not smart enough to restore the Data Areas from the system save volume.

Any thoughts from the group?

Thank You

_____

Paul Steinmetz