1) 5770SS1 *BASE *ERROR IBM i
CHKPRDOPT PRDID(5770SS1)
Product 5770SS1 release V7R3M0 L00 option *BASE load 2924 correctly installed.
Required PTF 5770999-MF65144 V7R3M0 not in correct status for PTF 5770SS1-SI68084 V7R3M0.
Required PTF 5770999-MF65297 V7R3M0 not in correct status for PTF 5770SS1-SI68338 V7R3M0.
PTF requisite errors found for product 5770SS1.

Resolution.
CHKPRDOPT PRDID(5770SS1) VFYREQPTF(*NO)
Resolved the issue.
5770SS1 *COMPATIBLE IBM i
Issue resolved.

2) Because LIC was installed from I_BASE_01 RS-73--F DVD that shipped with my P9,
I was missing some PTFS that were temp applied on the source system are appearing as Cover Letter Only on the target.

Resolution.
slip install LIC
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1018561
Issue Resolved.

3) When doing an D-IPL with HMC profile set to alternate install deice, (FC tape library), and then setting the alternate IPL device during the IPL,
Unable to allocate resources - installation failed
Alternate Installation Device Failed
The alternate installation device or media failed.

Resolution
When HMC profile is set to alternate IPL device ( (FC tape library), DO NOT set the alternate install options during the IPL, simply continue.
Issue resolved.

4)All the *IBM libraries, which were being restored form a four volume system save, were experiencing significant tape seeking, unloading, loading during the recovery.
I had BRMS recovery set to use all 4 drives, I'm not sure why this is occurring.

Temp Resolution – Open item.
I only selected the restore items from the same volume which were in sequence.
Restore streamed with no rewind, etc.
I repeated this process for each volume listed in the recovery.
Issue temporarily resolved.
Waiting for answers from IBM development on how to perform the restore when the save had multiple, concurrent volumes.

5) STRRCYBRM OPTION(*SYSTEM) (report shows correct volume) is showing a duplicated volume not in the library, as opposed to the original volume which is in the library.

Found an old PMR which had us create BRMS dtaara , QUSRBRM/Q1AIGNRDUP.
I don’t remember the specifics on why we had to do this.
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home - !/wiki/IBM%20Backup%2C%20Recovery%20and%20Media%20Services%20%28BRMS%29%20for%20i/page/Include%20both%20original%20save%20media%20and%20duplicate%20save%20media%20in%20Recovery%20Volume%20Summary%20Report%20-%20Q1AIGNRDUP<https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home#!/wiki/IBM%20Backup%2C%20Recovery%20and%20Media%20Services%20%28BRMS%29%20for%20i/page/Include%20both%20original%20save%20media%20and%20duplicate%20save%20media%20in%20Recovery%20Volume%20Summary%20Report%20-%20Q1AIGNRDUP>
We also changed the command defaults for USEDUPMED from *NO to *YES.
Use duplicate media . . . . . . USEDUPMED *YES

Resolution.
Removed BRMS datara , QUSRBRM/Q1AIGNRDUP and changed command defaults for USEDUPMED from *YES to *NO.
Issue resolved.

5) STRRCYBRM OPTION(*SYSTEM) is included 3 libraries for recovery that were deleted over 6 years ago.

Resolution
Changing Show deleted libraries from default of *YES to *NO DID NOT resolve this issue.
Either expire the old tape or change the Beginning date .from *BEGIN to a date after 6/3/12.
Issue resolved.

6) STRRCYBRM OPTION(*SYSTEM) is including a 6 year old LTO5 volume, 2 sequences, (currently LTO7).

Saved Save Save Save Parallel Volume File Expire
Item Date Time Type Devices Serial Sequence Date
*NONSYS 6/03/12 12:24:59 *FILE 001060 681 *PERM
QDOC 6/03/12 12:41:40 *FILE 001060 1015 *PERM

Resolution.
Either expire the old tape or change the Beginning date .from *BEGIN to a date after 6/3/12.
Issue resolved.

7) Several thousand X-Lib LF initially not restored, later restored via deferred object.
How does one confirm that all X-LIB deferred LF got restored.

Resolution.
Confirmed by looking at WRKF FILE(QRECOVERY/QADBRSDFR)
No records exist, all deferred objects were restored.
Issue resolved.

8) How does one easily determine what objects, if any, did not get restored?
Verifying whether objects are restored successfully
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_ibm_i_73/rzarm/rzarmvfyrst.htm

Resolution
Open, 100% restore not confirmed.

Thank You