From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Jim Oberholtzer
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 6:26 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion' <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Install (or rollback) to previous version of OS

So what Larry did not say was take a full system save first. Make
real sure to take the back up so it will restore to the previous
release.

You'll lose a bunch of objects that will not restore to V7R1M0.
Then do
as he instructed.

Next set up the system, with the IP, system name, etc. Basically,
setting up from scratch.

Now restore all the user libraries you need.

Be massively careful with QGPL and QUSRSYS. If you restore any system
objects from the V7R2 system to V7R1 and the file formats are
different you've just issued Barsa's MAKEAMESS command.

Happy restoring.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects