From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Rob Berendt
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 8:01 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: BRMS: Tape densities messed up

I just opened a ticket about an issue with BRMS tape densities as:

BRMS: Density *ULTRIUM5 is no longer valid

WRKCLSBRM shows
Class Density

ARCHIVE4 *ULTRIUM4
ARCHIVE5 *ULTRIUM5
FMTOPTUDF *UDF
REEL 6250
SAVSYS *ULTRIUM2
ULTRIUM1 *ULTRIUM1
ULTRIUM2 *ULTRIUM2
ULTRIUM3 *ULTRIUM3
ULTRIUM4 *ULTRIUM4
ULTRIUM5 *ULTRIUM5
VRTUDF *VRTUDF
Try to change one. Use F4 on "Density". Your only options are:
Density
*UDF
*HPOFS
*VRTUDF
*VRTHPOFS

Why is this a problem? Let me explain further.
ADDMLMBRM MLB(USSGVTL) INZ(*YES) MEDCLS(ULTRIUM5) CHECK(*NO) results in:
Error found on INZTAP command.
then
CPD0084 - '*ULTRIUM5 ' not valid for parameter DENSITY.
From program . . . . . . . . . : Q1ACNZ
From library . . . . . . . . : QBRM
From module . . . . . . . . : Q1ACNZ
From procedure . . . . . . . : Q1ACNZ
From statement . . . . . . . : 755

To program . . . . . . . . . . : Q1ARANZ
To library . . . . . . . . . : QBRM
To module . . . . . . . . . : Q1ARANZ
To procedure . . . . . . . . : Q1ARANZ
To statement . . . . . . . . : 1274

When I prompt INZTAP I get the following possible values for density:
*DEVTYPE *FMT3570
*CTGTYPE *FMT3570E
*QIC120 *FMT3590
10000 1600
*QIC525 3200
16000 6250
*QIC1000 *FMT2GB
*QIC2GB 43200
*QIC3040 *FMT5GB
*QIC5010 *FMT7GB
*FMT3480
38000
*FMT3490E

WRKPTFGRP PTFGRPLVL(*LATEST)
PTF Group Level Status
SF99876 7 Installed
SF99875 15 Installed
SF99867 1 Installed
SF99859 14 Not applicable
SF99731 11 Installed
SF99730 18242 Installed
SF99729 72 Installed
SF99728 36 Installed
SF99727 5 Installed
SF99726 1 Installed
SF99725 10 Installed
SF99724 23 Installed
SF99723 4 Installed
SF99722 16 Installed
SF99703 12 Installed
SF99581 6 Installed
SF99433 4 Related group
SF99333 5 Installed
SF99252 10 Installed
SF99225 6 Installed

See also:
https://tinyurl.com/BRMSforum
or
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/forum?id=80c9a337-e
b68-4b0c-9845-56ce7d3543b1&ps=25

IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1 Group Dekko Dept 1600 Mail
to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E