Are these "problems" with the new HMC only if your using VIOS.
If LPARS are all NON-VIOS, and I'm strictly creating HMC profiles with virtual adapters, will I have any issues or see any differences.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Roberto José Etcheverry Romero
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2018 4:10 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: HMC V9SP1

The problem, I think, lies with the change of paradigm they are trying to
force on the users. They don't want us configuring the virtual adapters,
mapping them to the LPARs or otherwise mucking around with the internals
like we have been doing. They want us to use the GUI to add vfc, vscsi, LUN
mappings and just leave the HMC to DLPAR the adapters and make it "just
work" even if the result ends up being inconsistent (I created 2 vfc
mappings on 2 VIOS and on the first one the first adapter got mapped to
fcs0, on the second the first adapter got mapped to fcs1!)
I've been forced to use the GUI to be able to keep creating the adapters in
the order I want to keep them symmetrical between servers.
I don't think that's going to change no matter how many RFE we create.

Roberto