On 11/20/18, 11:04 AM, Kevin Adler wrote:
scp and sftp do not support password or otherwise interactive operation
from QSH or QP2TERM - you must use public-key authentication (it does work
if you call them from SSH).

It didn't work for me even in ssh. Here's an excerpt from the end of the "-vvv" debug info (the names have been changed to protect the innocent) produced by an ssh attempt from a QP2TERM session:
debug3: remaining preferred: password
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled keyboard-interactive
debug1: Next authentication method: keyboard-interactive
debug2: userauth_kbdint
debug2: we sent a keyboard-interactive packet, wait for reply
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug3: userauth_kbdint: disable: no info_req_seen
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
debug3: authmethod_lookup password
debug3: remaining preferred:
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled password
debug1: Next authentication method: password
debug1: read_passphrase: can't open /dev/tty: No such device or address
debug2: readpassphrase: turning 5250 echo off
foo@xxxxxxxxxxx's password: debug2: readpassphrase: turning 5250 echo previous
debug2: we sent a password packet, wait for reply
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
Permission denied, please try again.

--
JHHL