Started a new thread for this.

<With respect to the TCP buffer size, I almost always set that up higher anyway so I forgot to mention it, yes setting the buffer size to match the maximum frame size you use would be prudent.

For Maximum Frame Size, we been using the 1496 default setting since day1.
For TCP Send and Receive Buffers, these were changed back in 2005 from default of 8192 to 65,536.

How does one determine the Maximum Frame Size?
How does one determine the Maximum TCP buffer Size?
Can Maximum Frame Size be increased from 1496 to 8996, or higher? . any impacts or gotchas changing this?
Can TCP buffer sizes be increased higher than 65,5536?
All switches, routers, firewalls, and the remote destination will all impact these settings, correct
Any other impacts or gotchas changing these?

Maximum Ethernet frame sizes
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_ibm_i_71/rzajy/rzajymaximumethernetframesize.htm
Optimization of window size for different operations on the same system
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSGSG7_7.1.0/com.ibm.itsm.perf.doc/c_tcpip_optwindowsize.html
Tuning TCP/IP buffer sizes
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSAW57_8.5.5/com.ibm.websphere.nd.multiplatform.doc/ae/tprf_tunetcpip.html

Thank You