Rob,

I have a similar doc, BRMS - IFS folders set not to be saved.
It contains:
NWS
HTTP log files
Tmp
QTCPTMM
etc

Basically any IFS object that is locked during a normal save.
We use Save While Active, but as we all know, this does not work/apply for IFS objects.
Thus why they get skipped.

Do you know, is there a simple way of finding any IFS object marked with Can be saved . . . . . . . . . . . . . : No?

Ah, you mentioned Omit lists in BRMS, specially QLNKOMT list.
I found a serious problem with QLNKOMT back in 2012,
Long PMR with IBM, not sure if the issue every got resolved.
I think it required a DCR back then, now an RFE.

When using QLNKOMIT list, and if ignoring them on a system save control group
Omits . . . . . . . . . . . . . > *IGNORE

On normal saves they were *PROCESSED.
Omits . . . . . . . . . . . . . *PROCESS

When doing a BRMS recovery, BRMS recovery failed to use these items.
One of the reasons my BRMS recoveries were failing.

Paul