From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Evan Harris
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2018 8:05 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: HMC code history - is there a setting that controls how long to keep?

Hi Paul

OK, well clearly that's not it then; it was just an idea based on what I
(sometimes) see others doing.

Do you know how busy the disk units in the hosting machine get ?

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 12:56 PM Steinmetz, Paul <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Evan,

I end all applications, then subsystems, then bring the LPAR to a
restricted state before issuing a
PWRDWNSYS OPTION(*CNTRLD) DELAY(60) RESTART(*YES) IPLSRC(B)

Paul