Jay

I have a crazy idea!

Make a data structure that has the fields, it can be a dcl-ds with extname() kind of thing.

Let that be a host structure for reading a row into, maybe using the SET or VALUES function.

Have a second DS that has all the fields of the first - you'll have to build this manually - and have separator subfields, whatever is needed according to data type - commas and full quotes where needed.

When you execute the SET and have the 1st DS filled, do an EVAL-CORR to get the CSV formatting.

Hey, it's been a downpour here, and I was worried my umbrella might turn into a lightning rod! So go figure, right?

Cheers
Vern