agree - above powers "selected" it... not they are in a crunch with a
deadline to meet... :)

i really wish i had time to explain the current and the resolution...
perhaps when i am done i will.

I'm almost there...

but the bulky default insert statement with REPLACE used twice on each 306
columns in row
OH and times that by 3...yeah X3, because it puts that row string in 3
different columns in the target table) :)

so as you can see, that trigger procedure is easy to improve on...

first, i will use an rpgle trigger that accepts the before/after image and
SUBMITS that to an another rpg to build these strings to insert into the
target table that gets polled.

Jay

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 3:03 PM John Yeung <gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx>