When did marking a tape file 'expired' become an option??

Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Jim Oberholtzer
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 4:54 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion' <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Purging an IFS stream file from backups

If you need to "erase it" from the tape, you'll have to mount the tape and
mark that file "expired". It won't remove it from the tape, nor from the
ability to find it with display tape, but it will be marked appropriately.

I don't think there is a way to mark a file deleted in the LTFS file system.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects