From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rob Berendt
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 4:31 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Purging an IFS stream file from backups

Given that we do all saves using BRMS is there a way to purge a file from
all backups?

First, I'm not happy that I cannot seem to be able to go directly with
WRKLNKBRM DIR('/home/ROB/aatest2.txt')
But instead I have to do
WRKLNKBRM DIR('home')
and drill down to it.

That being said I can eventually find that file, and all media it is saved
on. However I want to remove that file from all media it is saved on. I
see that BRMS has a remove option but I am suspecting that it simply
removes that file from the BRMS data but leaves it on tape, correct?

Also IBM i Access Client Solutions doesn't seem to have any BRMS plug ins,
correct?

Tried IBM Navigator for i (aka http://youribmi:2001) but the BRMS stuff in
there didn't seem to have any function like WRKLNKBRM.

Failing any cool way to do this, and supposing that the BRMS remove option
just removes it from BRMS data and not the tape, is there some way to
delete just one file from a sequence number on a save outside of BRMS?
For example, a SAV command saves all IFS data to one sequence on a volume.
How would I delete just '/home/ROB/aatest2.txt' from that?