From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steinmetz, Paul
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 10:52 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: WRKWCH suggestions to replace HALCYON joblog monitor

I need to improve the performance of my current Halcyon joblog monitors.
Currently, HALCYON dumps the joblog to a temp file, then scans the file for desired message id.
From a functionality standpoint, works well, offers many select options.
From a performance standpoint, not acceptable, causing TB disk written/day.

Reviewed and tested various SQL using IBM system catalogs.
Unsuccessful.

It's been suggested from several in the group to use IBM WRKCH.
I've done a few over the years, works well.

I currently have 3 joblog monitors.
1) Info print writer - Incorrect Data was returned by mapping program - PQT3073 PQT4154
2) Netserver Users Connection - job QZLSFILE - CPIAD12
3) SSL RXS_Transmit() encountered unexpected transmission error - KTA0203

Will be adding more.

Here's the main question.

1) Should a separate WRKWCH be created for each monitor or should they be combined into a single WRKWCH.
2) Pros/cons.
3) Performance impact of the WRKWCH

Thank You
_____