At a guess - contractually IBM would have issues with Roguewave if they were to make another version of PHP available during the currency of the current contract.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com

On Jul 17, 2018, at 10:51 AM, Steinmetz, Paul <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jim,

What do you mean by this?

< but until the Rougewave/IBM agreement is over that's not going to happen. We shall see if Rougwave and IBM stay on the same page or not.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Oberholtzer
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 10:48 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Looking for various PHP options running on i

I'm with Larry when it comes to consolidation and maintaining one system.
As to performance, for every guy that says a multitier environment is better
and this is why, we can point to a POWER system that is virtualized and show
the same or better results. We can tune individual disparate workloads
better than any other system (including Z) on one OS with the Database
integrated into the mix.

Now I like Linux as much as the next guy and I'm really looking forward to
VIM as a yum package on IBM i , but until then I have other alternative
editors that can be used. I can also argue that Kevin and Jessie have a
priority list of packages to get done, and VIM might not be all that high on
the list, so I won't suggest changing the priorities.

I would suggest that another PHP server would be great but until the

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects