<snip>
No, nothing slows down a data entry operator more than having to reach for
mouse. Encourage them to embrace the keyboard.
</snip>
I tend to agree. I used to use a separate keyboard and mouse on my laptop
because, well, that's just the way everyone else does it. Then I saw how
productive a consultant was who used the mouse button. I immediately
removed the external keyboard and mouse and forced myself to use the
laptop only. I told myself to wait 30 days. It took some time but I
never went back. I am a 10 finger typist who could work fine on a blank
keyboard (except maybe special characters).
I find that using Ctrl-C to copy is often way productive than dragging
down edit, copy. Same thing for Ctrl-X for cut or Ctrl-V for paste.

I have a coworker who held on to her 3180 until the last minute. Now I
swear she would use a mouse to click every letter in every word while
composing a memo if the option was available.