Hi Diego

1. We can IPL from the VTL OK; we have done that on numerous occasions

2. To clarify:
Box 1: IBM i with SAS attached drive; this is the FROM box
Box 2: Power S822 with VIOS, SAS LTO drive and FC VTL, hosting a number
of i LPARs; this is the TO box

I guess the question is whether there is a tool that will copy the tape
"bye for byte" without trying to format it

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 1:40 PM, Diego Kesselman <diegokesselman@xxxxxxxxx>