Hi Don,

I will tell you about my experience as an apprentice of this wonderful system...
I had my first contact with AS/400 at exactly 5 months, when I bought my AS/400, a 9406-270, I received it without a terminal, just with the cables and the computer itself, I did not even know how to power on the AS/400 much less how to connect to it , after a lot of research I saw that I needed to buy a terminal to connect to it, so I went to search here in Brazil who could have this terminal, it was a very complicated research, but I found a company in a city near where I live, which is one of the largest AS/400 service providers in Brazil .. so, they sold me 2 terminals, TWINAXIAl cables and they taught me the minimum to connect to the computer, which position I should put the TWINAX cable in the brick and so on...

After a while, I had a serious problem with this my 9406-270, after a power outage in the region where I lived, my AS/400 DIED :'(
So I met this group, I asked the question about how I could fix my AS/400 ... and the answer was simple, my computer really died ... I finally got it from the same company that sold me the terminals, a 9406-170 , which I am using with great pleasure and affection, and I also bought three 9406-720....

Today, I have the help of Mark S. Waterbury, who I consider my great master!!... He taught me several things, which are certainly questions of beginners...

* Configure TCP/IP
* Create Users ( I still have doubts! But in time I will solve hahahaha )
* Patterns for creating "directories" for saving source files
* And various system configurations..

Most important of all, as in any area of learning, is student curiosity....and keep that curiosity in your disciple!
I make several mistakes, many even!
But, this is standard part of learning!

Alexandre S. Bencz

+55 {15} 997-980-511