Rob,

Can JOBLOG PENDING be saved in case they needed to be restored at a later date?

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rob Berendt
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2018 10:15 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Anyone know of a way to search all joblogs for return codes that are not ZERO

Gee if you can query a job to find it's joblog by using the service
QSYS2.JOBLOG_INFO
then how hard would it be to pretty this up

insert into My_custom_joblog_history_table (
select a.job_name, b.*
from table(qsys2.active_job_info()) a,
lateral (select * from table(qsys2.joblog_info(a.job_name)) x) b)

Or some such thing? Just a quick shot from the hip using Kevin Adler's
example. Not sure if active_job_info is the one you'd want but it's a
darn good example.

This is a LOT better than spool files. You never have to work about a
string you're looking for in the text spanning lines in the joblog like
you do with spool file output. For example
now is the time
for all good men
to come to the aid
of their country
When all that would be in one column and not on multiple rows.
Plus you have functions like UPPER, etc.

As far as your 90 days on the system, well, GO CLEANUP works the same with
these joblogs as it does with spool file joblogs.

And you don't have to worry about the "former employee" who told his
division to just do a CLROUTQ QEZJOBLOG on a periodic basis.
Or the people freaking out over these showing up when they do WRKSPLF and
just start whacking them.

http://ibm.biz/DB2foriServices

And if you want to look at a combo of both spool file joblogs and these
joblogs then look at WRKJOBLOG. IBM has been changing several of their
job descriptions to *PND already so you may have some of these on your
system.
WRKJOBLOG
Job log state . . . . . . . . . *PENDING
*SPOOLED
Time period:
Start time and date:
Beginning time . . . . . . . . *AVAIL