All of the newer laptops I've seen issued here have Windows 10, so I'm
certain that's what I'm getting. Can you explain "recently patched", i.e.,
what to look for, and what problems they solve for NetServer issues? It
seems like I get patches on a fairly regular schedule for my current Win7
laptop, but 99% of them are for Office and Internet Exploder. I'll ask our
in-office service desk if they know how current the patches are on Win10
laptops.

BTW, of course, the in-office service desk peeps are heads and shoulders
above the offshore service desk, and one of them could only laugh and shake
their heads at my story. As a rule, they're technically no longer allowed
to handle requests without a service ticket that is assigned to them
("technically" being the subjective term here), so I've made it my personal
mission to create tickets for every issue so that the company gets its
money's worth out of the offshore service desk.

- Dan