wild stab in the morning.

maybe IP ended before the UME job could end.

Bryan

Rob Berendt wrote on 3/10/2018 8:50 AM:
We have 15 lpars of IBM i scattered across three Power 8's.
All running IBM i 7.3 with matching reasonably current PTF's. I am in the
process of bringing them down into restricted state to do saves and stuff.
Most are already done. A bulk are already back up and running.
I run these processes:
quiesce user applications
ENDWTR *ALL
UNMOUNT TYPE(*ALL) MNTOVRDIR(*ALL)
ENDHOSTSVR *ALL
EXPORTFS OPTIONS('-U -A')
ENDNFSSVR SERVER(*ALL)
If the ENDNFSSVR fails try running it again.
ENDTCPSVR *MGTC
ENDTCPSVR *CIMOM
ENDTCP
ENDSBS *ALL *CNTRLD DELAY(120)
DSPMSG QSYSOPR

On one of those lpars the system ended to restricted state does not
appear. Been much longer than 120 seconds.
WRKACTJOB
Current
Subsystem/Job User Type CPU % Function Status
QSYSWRK QSYS SBS .0 END
QUMEPRVAGT QSECOFR BCI .0 END

Must be that job number :-)
Job: QUMEPRVAGT User: QSECOFR Number: 366613

ENDJOBABN JOB(366613/QSECOFR/QUMEPRVAGT)
ENDJOB started for job 366613/QSECOFR/QUMEPRVAGT.

The job is still there.
Tried this:
ENDSBS SBS(*ALL) OPTION(*IMMED) ABNENDDLY(10)
Subsystems ending with *IMMED option.
Apparently my earlier ENDSBS *CNTRLD timed out and already tried *IMMED so
therefore it's not going to let me do another *IMMED.

I'll tell it to start back up in restricted state.
CHGIPLA STRPRTWTR(*NO) STRRSTD(*YES)
IPL attribute STRPRTWTR changed to *NO.
IPL attribute STRRSTD changed to *YES.

PWRDWNSYS OPTION(*IMMED) RESTART(*YES *FULL) IPLSRC(B)

HMC says it's staying on this reference code:
D9002740
Explanation
Power off immediate.