ENDSBS will have no effect on a job that ENDJOBABN will not end. Even if you take the new option on ENDSBS to try ENDJOBABN on jobs which will not end.
I have no idea why people think ENDSBS will kill any job which ENDJOB will not. I once foolishly tried ENDSBS to end a writer which neither ENDWTR nor ENDJOB would kill. All that did was kill all writers and not allow any writers to start until the next IPL. I would have rather gladly sacrificed one writer to avoid an IPL but all writers forced the IPL.

Sent from IBM Verse

Steinmetz, Paul --- RE: Job QUMEPRVAGT would not end. ---
From:"Steinmetz, Paul" <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx>To:"'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>Date:Sat, Mar 10, 2018 4:59 PMSubject:RE: Job QUMEPRVAGT would not end.

Rob,Just curious, why not just endsbs QSYSWRK*immed.Paul-----Original Message-----From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rob BerendtSent: Saturday, March 10, 2018 4:22 PMTo: Midrange Systems Technical DiscussionSubject: Re: Job QUMEPRVAGT would not end.Happened again. This time on a hosting lpar. Gathered data. Sent from IBM Verse me --- Re: Job QUMEPRVAGT would not end. --- From:"Rob Berendt" <rob@xxxxxxxxx>To:"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>Date:Sat, Mar 10, 2018 9:41 AMSubject:Re: Job QUMEPRVAGT would not end. IBM finally called.I'm not the first to experience this issue. However most people (like me) start blasting away with ENDJOBABN, etc.They are appealing to the community that as soon as you see the job stuck do NOT try ENDJOBABN or further actions but to open a ticket with them so they can gather the necessary data.Rob Berendt-- IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1Group DekkoDept 1600Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive Garrett, IN 46738Ship to: Dock 108 6928N 400E Kendallville, IN 46755http://www.dekko.comFrom: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>Date: 03/10/2018 09:00 AMSubject: Re: Job QUMEPRVAGT would not end.Sent by: "MIDRANGE-L" <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>IPL is starting to finally move on...Rob Berendt-- IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1Group DekkoDept 1600Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive Garrett, IN 46738Ship to: Dock 108 6928 N 400E Kendallville, IN 46755http://www.dekko.comFrom: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>To: midrange-l@midrange.comDate: 03/10/2018 08:50 AMSubject: Job QUMEPRVAGT would not end.Sent by: "MIDRANGE-L" <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>We have 15 lpars of IBM i scattered across three Power 8's.All running IBM i 7.3 with matching reasonably current P-Your data has been truncated.