way to recover from a "RESTART *NO" situation without having to be next to
the machine.

Roberto

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 1:53 PM, Justin Taylor <JUSTIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Au contraire. I can assure you, with absolute certainty, the sole reason
we have a LAN console is because IBM stopped making hardware with Twinax
support. Don't get me wrong, I much prefer LAN console. It just would
been a cold day in hell when my boss willingly gave up Twinax of any kind.

I had forgotten about the Virtual Control Panel. I've never had a use for
it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Berendt [mailto:rob@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2018 10:12 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Applying firmware

Ok, breaking news. You did NOT buy a LAN Console for the sole reason
because IBM made you when they started making models without twinax support.
LAN Console has more than 5250 support. They also have a GUI interface.
On that GUI interface they have something which looks like your Power
server front panel. Complete with Mode button, power button, etc. Figure
out how to use that.

IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1 Group Dekko Dept 1600 Mail
to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E