From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Steinmetz, Paul
Sent: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 9:52 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Power 6 and Power 7 (perhaps not 7+) firmware

Kevin,

What's your machine type and model?

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Kevin Bucknum
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2018 10:49 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion

CVE-2017-5715 is one of the two Spectre versions.

I feel your pain on the EOS/EOL issues. We are still on a power 6.
Firmware
got stopped in January 2017. EOS is sometime in 2019. I'm sure it will
be the
end of the year before management starts looking at new machines. As
of
right now, our last firmware was dated 1/29/17.

Kevin Bucknum
Senior Programmer Analyst
MEDDATA/MEDTRON
Tel: 985-893-2550