Mike,

Creating html emails like outlook isn't too hard. With something like
CGIDEV2 or eRPG SDK you can build the HTML file in the IFS. And with an
email tool that can use a stream file as the body (MAILTOOL does, not sure
about others) it's fairly simple. One thing I would advise is when using
images or large attachments to so many recipients is to link to them.
Don't try to embed them. Just an opinion.

Also, sending to 5000 recipients sounds like something that could be done
more effectively with something other than email.

Have you thought about something like Slack? Everyone could sign up for a
group and when you someone posts everyone sees it (even will beep your
phone, similar to SMS). You can set up different groups in slack that
people can join if it's a category they want to know about. If you need to
post from a program on the IBM i to Slack, I have a solution for that too.
But it sounds mainly a manual thing. Web and device interfaces for slack
are pretty good.

Just some ideas. Sometimes email isn't always the best medium anymore, but
I know it's hard to get everyone to change.

Bradley V. Stone
www.bvstools.com
MAILTOOL Benefit #12 <https://www.bvstools.com/mailtool.html>: Both Text
and HTML email support